Trinamool arbitrarily shifting top officers: Mishra
Siliguri: The CPI(M) on Friday alleged that Trinamool Congress government was shifting IAS and IPS officers frequently to different places which is making people feel "insecure" in West Bengal.
Apparently referring to the removal of Siliguri Police Commissioner Anand Kumar during the day and K Jayaraman taking over, opposition leader Surjya Kanta Mishra said "such frequent shifting of top officers only gives rise to the sense of insecurity among people”.
"Why is this government only shifting its top grade officers? Why it is not shuffling its ministers from other departments?", former health minister asked at a party convention here.
The convention, held in the aftermath of the April 10 clash between the two parties in the city, was protesting against alleged Trinamool atrocities and attacks on opposition forces and democratic culture.
Alleging Trinamool carried on "unprovoked attack on Marxists on April 10," Mishra said "they had intended to set our party office on flame”.
"Left parties organise their activities from party office, but the TMC doesn`t conduct its activities from party office since it is run on one person`s diktat," he said.
Alleging CPI(M) activists were framed and sent to jail on April 10 despite facing the brunt of violence, Mishra said "you all witnessed what happened in Siliguri in broad daylight. But we are never scared to go to jail."
Mishra said CPI(M) was ready to take the plunge on whichever date the panchayat polls are held.
On the issue of "farmers` suicide" and "tea workers not getting wages", he said all these happened while the development authority SJDA was siphoning crores with no document.
Mishra also went to North Bengal Medical College and Hospital and met S Sahani, student leader who had been allegedly chained to bed earlier triggering an outcry. He also met the Superintendent.
Mishra also went to the correctional home to meet party activist Bablu Lama, who had got bail in connection with the April 10 incident but was still behind bars in another case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack