Trinamool Cong now attacking ally Congress: Buddha
Serampore: Former West Bengal chief
minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said a `dangerous`
political atmosphere was prevailing in the state with the
ruling Trinamool Congress attacking activists and supporters
of not only the Left parties, but also those of its own ally,
"The Trinamool Congress is such a party that it is not
only attacking Left workers, but even its own ally, Congress.
The Congress is suffering the attacks silently," Bhattacharjee
said at a CITU rally here.
Congress workers have been `beaten to silence` in
Durgapur and Asansol in Burdwan district by Trinamool Congress
workers, he alleged, saying `the situation has come to such a
pass that Trinamool Congress workers and activists are now
fighting among themselves to gain control over their areas`.
Bhattacharjee said the Trinamool Congress was forcibly
closing down offices of Left parties at Arambag and Khanakul
in Hooghly district and attacking their workers and
supporters, including women, for voting for the Left Front in
the last Assembly elections.
"They are extorting money from Left Front supporters in
some places. The Trinamool Congress is threatening that Left
supporters will not be allowed to remain in their areas if
they do not pay up. Some are paying the money. But will we
continue to tolerate this?" he said.
Accusing the Trinamool Congress of creating a `dangerous`
political situation in the state, he said, "This has to stop
immediately. Aren`t the government and district
administrations aware of this? We are asking the police to
take immediate steps in stopping the clashes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video