Trinamool Congress a `barbarian` regime: Congress
Kolkata: Terming the Trinamool Congress regime as one of the most `barbaric` West Bengal has seen, the Congress on Saturday alleged it was not serious in dealing with crimes against women.
"The Trinamool Congress government is not at all serious in dealing with crimes against women. It is a barbarian regime which has sent the law and order of the state into ICU," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said in the backdrop of the rape and murder of a college girl at Barasat in North 24 Parganas district.
"Since the Park Street rape, this government has been lethargic in taking action against the accused. That is why criminals are encouraged," Bhattacharya said.
He also accused the Trinamool Congress of not allowing nominees of Congress to file nominations for the panchayat polls.
"The Trinamool everywhere has ushered in a reign of terror so that opposition parties can`t file nomination. Such intolerance and hooliganism can`t be tolerated in democracy," said Bhattacharjee. A Congress delegation met West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan during the day to brief him about the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars