Trinamool Congress a `barbarian` regime: Congress
Kolkata: Terming the Trinamool Congress regime as one of the most `barbaric` West Bengal has seen, the Congress on Saturday alleged it was not serious in dealing with crimes against women.
"The Trinamool Congress government is not at all serious in dealing with crimes against women. It is a barbarian regime which has sent the law and order of the state into ICU," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said in the backdrop of the rape and murder of a college girl at Barasat in North 24 Parganas district.
"Since the Park Street rape, this government has been lethargic in taking action against the accused. That is why criminals are encouraged," Bhattacharya said.
He also accused the Trinamool Congress of not allowing nominees of Congress to file nominations for the panchayat polls.
"The Trinamool everywhere has ushered in a reign of terror so that opposition parties can`t file nomination. Such intolerance and hooliganism can`t be tolerated in democracy," said Bhattacharjee. A Congress delegation met West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan during the day to brief him about the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says