Trinamool Congress a `barbarian` regime: Congress
Kolkata: Terming the Trinamool Congress regime as one of the most `barbaric` West Bengal has seen, the Congress on Saturday alleged it was not serious in dealing with crimes against women.
"The Trinamool Congress government is not at all serious in dealing with crimes against women. It is a barbarian regime which has sent the law and order of the state into ICU," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said in the backdrop of the rape and murder of a college girl at Barasat in North 24 Parganas district.
"Since the Park Street rape, this government has been lethargic in taking action against the accused. That is why criminals are encouraged," Bhattacharya said.
He also accused the Trinamool Congress of not allowing nominees of Congress to file nominations for the panchayat polls.
"The Trinamool everywhere has ushered in a reign of terror so that opposition parties can`t file nomination. Such intolerance and hooliganism can`t be tolerated in democracy," said Bhattacharjee. A Congress delegation met West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan during the day to brief him about the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?