Trinamool, Congress can only take Bengal to ruins: WB CM
Ranaghat: Ridiculing the call for change by
the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance in West Bengal, Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday said the Opposition was
courting Maoists and separatists to bring ruin to the state.
"We are often hearing the words `paribartan` (change)
from these people. What change are they talking about? To lead
the state to extinction by hobnobbing with Maoists and Gorkha
Janmukti Morcha (GJM)?" Bhattacharjee told an election rally
here in favour of the Left Front candidates in Nadia district.
"Don`t forget that Trinamool has aided the Maoists at
Junglemahal and the GJM in the hills. Can you imagine what
will happen if such a force comes to power? That will spell
doom for Bengal. I know they will be defeated by the people,"
the chief minister said.
Bhattacharjee asserted that the Left Front will return to
power for the eighth time and "crush the Maoists on the
grounds of West Midnapore".
Turning to industrialisation, Bhattacharjee cited the
Singur issue and blamed Trinamool for "throwing away an
important industrial project of the state."
"How can they facilitate industries in Bengal?" he asked
the crowd of Left activists.
Bhattacharjee also dwelt on the need to lay equal stress
on agriculture and industry for economic growth.
He asked the party workers to reach out to those people
who were "still indecisive about whom to vote for and not
conscious about the danger lurking ahead".
The chief minister blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for "playing havoc
with the pension fund of the public."
"The Centre is also unresponsive to the plight of the
ready-made garment industry," he said criticising the
"prolonged silence of their cabinet colleague Mamata Banerjee
on these issues."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights