Trinamool, Congress can only take Bengal to ruins: WB CM
Ranaghat: Ridiculing the call for change by
the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance in West Bengal, Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday said the Opposition was
courting Maoists and separatists to bring ruin to the state.
"We are often hearing the words `paribartan` (change)
from these people. What change are they talking about? To lead
the state to extinction by hobnobbing with Maoists and Gorkha
Janmukti Morcha (GJM)?" Bhattacharjee told an election rally
here in favour of the Left Front candidates in Nadia district.
"Don`t forget that Trinamool has aided the Maoists at
Junglemahal and the GJM in the hills. Can you imagine what
will happen if such a force comes to power? That will spell
doom for Bengal. I know they will be defeated by the people,"
the chief minister said.
Bhattacharjee asserted that the Left Front will return to
power for the eighth time and "crush the Maoists on the
grounds of West Midnapore".
Turning to industrialisation, Bhattacharjee cited the
Singur issue and blamed Trinamool for "throwing away an
important industrial project of the state."
"How can they facilitate industries in Bengal?" he asked
the crowd of Left activists.
Bhattacharjee also dwelt on the need to lay equal stress
on agriculture and industry for economic growth.
He asked the party workers to reach out to those people
who were "still indecisive about whom to vote for and not
conscious about the danger lurking ahead".
The chief minister blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for "playing havoc
with the pension fund of the public."
"The Centre is also unresponsive to the plight of the
ready-made garment industry," he said criticising the
"prolonged silence of their cabinet colleague Mamata Banerjee
on these issues."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez