Trinamool Congress candidate casts another man`s vote
Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress candidate on Thursday courted controversy after he was caught on camera voting on behalf of an "inebriated" voter in the West Bengal panchayat polls.
Jawaharlal Bagdi was seen casting the vote of a man whose hands were trembling. The incident happened in Jhalda in Purulia district.
"The man asked me to cast his vote as he was drunk and his hands were trembling. I did that as he is a Trinamool supporter and would have voted in our favour," Bagdi said later.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist and the Congress took strong exception to the incident.
"First, the Trinamool did not allow opposition candidates to file nominations or to campaign. Now they are even casting others` votes. This government is determined to give elections a new definition," said CPI-M leader Mohammad Salim.
State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said his party will approach the Election Commission with a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie