Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam arrested
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam was today arrested for allegedly orchestrating an attack on former WB minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah in South 24 Parganas district on January 6.
Islam was taken into custody from near the Paroma Island on the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass after CPI(M) demanded his arrest for masterminding the attack on Mollah at Kantatala, police said.
Mollah, who was attacked on January 6, is admitted to a private hospital here.
Islam was admitted to a private nursing home at Rajarhat on January 8 after CPI(M) cadres allegedly fired at his vehicle and attacked him at Bamanghata in the district.
In a virtual indictment of the state government, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan had said that goondaism was taking place in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city