Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam arrested
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam was today arrested for allegedly orchestrating an attack on former WB minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah in South 24 Parganas district on January 6.
Islam was taken into custody from near the Paroma Island on the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass after CPI(M) demanded his arrest for masterminding the attack on Mollah at Kantatala, police said.
Mollah, who was attacked on January 6, is admitted to a private hospital here.
Islam was admitted to a private nursing home at Rajarhat on January 8 after CPI(M) cadres allegedly fired at his vehicle and attacked him at Bamanghata in the district.
In a virtual indictment of the state government, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan had said that goondaism was taking place in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India