Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam arrested
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam was today arrested for allegedly orchestrating an attack on former WB minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah in South 24 Parganas district on January 6.
Islam was taken into custody from near the Paroma Island on the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass after CPI(M) demanded his arrest for masterminding the attack on Mollah at Kantatala, police said.
Mollah, who was attacked on January 6, is admitted to a private hospital here.
Islam was admitted to a private nursing home at Rajarhat on January 8 after CPI(M) cadres allegedly fired at his vehicle and attacked him at Bamanghata in the district.
In a virtual indictment of the state government, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan had said that goondaism was taking place in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave