Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam arrested
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Arabul Islam was today arrested for allegedly orchestrating an attack on former WB minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah in South 24 Parganas district on January 6.
Islam was taken into custody from near the Paroma Island on the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass after CPI(M) demanded his arrest for masterminding the attack on Mollah at Kantatala, police said.
Mollah, who was attacked on January 6, is admitted to a private hospital here.
Islam was admitted to a private nursing home at Rajarhat on January 8 after CPI(M) cadres allegedly fired at his vehicle and attacked him at Bamanghata in the district.
In a virtual indictment of the state government, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan had said that goondaism was taking place in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan: Trevor Bayliss keen on hiring Saqlain Mushtaq as bowling consultant
- WATCH: EPIC! Here's who won after The Great Khali and Kane traded brutal chair shots
- India should continue fiscal consolidation for better prospect: IMF
- TCL launches new smartphone at Rs 10,990
- Gold price soars by Rs 250 to Rs 30,900 per 10 grams