Trinamool Congress leader joins GJM with followers
Darjeeling (WB): Former Trinamool Congress leader Suk Bahadur Subba on Saturday joined the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha along with 50 of his supporters at Kalimpong in Darjeeling Hills.
The Morcha said Trinamool supporters in the hills had started joining GJM after realising that the primary political demand of the hill people, which is the creation of Gorkhaland, would remain unfilled by TMC.
Morcha General Secretary Roshan Giri said Suk Bahadur Subba, a Trinamool Congress candidate in the GTA elections from Algara-Dalapchand, today joined the GJM.
The 49-year-old Subba, a small-time farmer from Algara in Kalimpong, was previously with the United Gorkha Revolutionary Front (UGRF), which is at the moment politically inactive.
Morcha President Bimal Gurung handed over the party flag to Subba and his supporters in Darjeeling.
Subba said he had joined the Morcha because the cause of the Gorkha people was paramount to him and he believed the Morcha, and not Trinamool, would remain true to the community.
“I had joined the Trinamool about a year back in the hope it would take up the cause of our people, but that has not happened. I told Bimal daju in Darjeeling I am in politics only to espouse the cause of our people. Otherwise, I am happy being a poor farmer,” he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why