Trinamool Congress leader shot dead
Bankura: A local Trinamool Congress leader and former Jharkhand Mukti Morcha activist was shot dead early Sunday by unknown gunmen at Barikul in Bankura district.
"Samir Pal (35) was shot from close range after being called at 1 am by the gunmen from his home at Nakrapocha village," Superintendent of Police, Pranab Kumar said.
Pal had been a JMM activist and joined Trinamool Congress on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'