Trinamool Congress leader shot dead
Bankura: A local Trinamool Congress leader and former Jharkhand Mukti Morcha activist was shot dead early Sunday by unknown gunmen at Barikul in Bankura district.
"Samir Pal (35) was shot from close range after being called at 1 am by the gunmen from his home at Nakrapocha village," Superintendent of Police, Pranab Kumar said.
Pal had been a JMM activist and joined Trinamool Congress on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi