Trinamool Congress leader shot dead
Bankura: A local Trinamool Congress leader and former Jharkhand Mukti Morcha activist was shot dead early Sunday by unknown gunmen at Barikul in Bankura district.
"Samir Pal (35) was shot from close range after being called at 1 am by the gunmen from his home at Nakrapocha village," Superintendent of Police, Pranab Kumar said.
Pal had been a JMM activist and joined Trinamool Congress on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?