Trinamool Congress refuses comment on HC order on Tapas Pal
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal on Monday declined to comment on the Calcutta High Court order of filing an FIR against party MP Tapas Pal for his controversial comments against women and its direction that the CID probe the matter.
"No, I will not comment anything without seeing the order," TMC all India general secretary Mukul Roy told.
The state BJP, on the other hand, welcomed the High Court order.
"We welcome the High Court order. We are grateful to the court for the order," state BJP leader Tathagata Roy said.
CPI(M) central committee member Suryakanta Mishra said "I hope that according to the court order the complaint would be treated as an FIR. I think he (Tapas Pal) should be arrested."
Justice Dipankar Dutta, passing his verdict on a petition seeking CID investigation into Pal`s comments against women and other opposition party supporters at election rallies, directed that the high court would monitor the probe in view of West Bengal government`s stand that the complaint did not disclose any cognisable offence and that the state tried to back the MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez