Trinamool Congress rules out post-poll tie-up with BJP
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Saturday ruled out any post-poll alliance with BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"There is no question of any tie-up with BJP before or after the Lok Sabha poll," Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy told.
Earlier, to a question at a media briefing during the day, he said that there was no question of Trinamool Congress going soft on BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
"Our fight is against corruption of Congress-led UPA government and communalism of BJP. We have consistent stance against communalism. Our leader Mamata Banerjee has repeatedly said including at the Brigade Parade Ground rally on January 30 that we do not want the face of riots," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price