Trinamool Congress rules out post-poll tie-up with BJP
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Saturday ruled out any post-poll alliance with BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"There is no question of any tie-up with BJP before or after the Lok Sabha poll," Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy told.
Earlier, to a question at a media briefing during the day, he said that there was no question of Trinamool Congress going soft on BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
"Our fight is against corruption of Congress-led UPA government and communalism of BJP. We have consistent stance against communalism. Our leader Mamata Banerjee has repeatedly said including at the Brigade Parade Ground rally on January 30 that we do not want the face of riots," he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm