`Trinamool Congress taking political revenge`
Kolkata: Former West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today termed the arrest of CPI(M)
leader and former minister Sushanta Ghosh in a murder case as
"political revenge" by Trinamool Congress after coming to
power in the state.
"They have dug up a 10-year old case and arrested Sushanta
Ghosh. They are setting up a commission on atrocities on the
refugees at Marichjhanpi. The Trinamool Congress is reopening
old cases which is political vendetta," Bhattacharjee told a
Left Front rally here to protest alleged attacks on party
Referring to the Sain family massacre in Burdwan town
where four persons were hacked to death allegedly by Left
Front supporters, Bhattacharjee said, "They are setting up a
commission on what happened nearly 40 years ago.
"When I was the chief minister the Trinamool Congress
vandalised the Assembly, attacked police stations and slapped
on duty police officers, but I didn`t take any action against
them," he said.
"They are killing our supporters, resorting to violence,
driving out our workers and supporters from home and trying to
implicating them in false cases," the former chief minister
said, alleging that 30 Front workers and supporters were
killed since the Assembly elections in April-May.
Ghosh, a key accused in a case of murder, was arrested
last evening by CID after his conditional bail was rejected by
a Midnapore court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!