Trinamool councillors demand abolition of water tax in Haldia
Haldia (WB): Trinamool Congress councillors on Wednesday submitted a memorandum to the Chairperson of Haldia Municipalty Tamalika Seth demanding the civic board stopped taking water tax.
Twelve councillors, led by the ward number 18 representative Debaprasad Mondal, submitted the charter of demands which also called for asking tender for running the ferry ghat nearby.
They alleged the civic board is handing over contracts without any tendering process.
The councillors said the poor and middle class in the township area would be hard hit if water tax was imposed on them.
Seth promised to address the issue, the councillors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?