Trinamool councillors demand abolition of water tax in Haldia
Haldia (WB): Trinamool Congress councillors on Wednesday submitted a memorandum to the Chairperson of Haldia Municipalty Tamalika Seth demanding the civic board stopped taking water tax.
Twelve councillors, led by the ward number 18 representative Debaprasad Mondal, submitted the charter of demands which also called for asking tender for running the ferry ghat nearby.
They alleged the civic board is handing over contracts without any tendering process.
The councillors said the poor and middle class in the township area would be hard hit if water tax was imposed on them.
Seth promised to address the issue, the councillors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy