Trinamool councillors demand abolition of water tax in Haldia
Haldia (WB): Trinamool Congress councillors on Wednesday submitted a memorandum to the Chairperson of Haldia Municipalty Tamalika Seth demanding the civic board stopped taking water tax.
Twelve councillors, led by the ward number 18 representative Debaprasad Mondal, submitted the charter of demands which also called for asking tender for running the ferry ghat nearby.
They alleged the civic board is handing over contracts without any tendering process.
The councillors said the poor and middle class in the township area would be hard hit if water tax was imposed on them.
Seth promised to address the issue, the councillors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test