Trinamool councillors demand abolition of water tax in Haldia
Haldia (WB): Trinamool Congress councillors on Wednesday submitted a memorandum to the Chairperson of Haldia Municipalty Tamalika Seth demanding the civic board stopped taking water tax.
Twelve councillors, led by the ward number 18 representative Debaprasad Mondal, submitted the charter of demands which also called for asking tender for running the ferry ghat nearby.
They alleged the civic board is handing over contracts without any tendering process.
The councillors said the poor and middle class in the township area would be hard hit if water tax was imposed on them.
Seth promised to address the issue, the councillors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender