Trinamool-CPI(M) clashes rock Burdwan town
Burdwan (WB): Burdwan town in West Bengal
was on Tuesday rocked by violent clashes between Trinamool Congress
and CPI-M supporters over alleged illegal recruitment in the
The clashes were triggered when alleged CPI-M supporters
from outside attacked university employees, with allegiance to
the Trinamool Congress, holding a protest-demonstration at the
gate of the university, witnesses said.
The attackers hurled brickbats on them, injuring at least
This led to a series of violent clashes between
supporters of the two parties all over the bustling town. A
CPI-M party office near the Burdwan Medical College was
ransacked followed by ransacking of a Trinamool party office
by CPI-M supporters.
Both incidents were confirmed by the police.
Burdwan Additional SP Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said the
police lathicharged the clashing groups to disperse them.
Mishra said personnel of the Rapid Action Force were
deployed all over the town to bring the situation under
control. No arrest had yet been made, he said.
Mishra said an office of the Integrated Child Development
Scheme at Jora bagan near Bardhaman railway station was also
burnt down by the hoodlums whose identities were not known.
CPI-M zonal secretary Tapas Sarkar alleged Trinamool
activists were trying to create anarchy in the peaceful
Burdwan town while Madan mitra, chief of Trinamool Congress`
youth wing, denied the charges and said illegal recruitments
were being made in the university for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...