Trinamool denies party involvement in Presidency vandalism
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday called for an investigation into the vandalism at the Baker Laboratory in Presidency University on April 10 and reiterated that the party was not involved.
"The entire incident, including how it happened, who were the provocateurs, need to be thoroughly inquired into," Trinamool Congress Secretary-General Partha Chatterjee said.
"I say with responsibility that none of our party workers were involved in the ransacking in Presidency University," he said, alleging that the , CPI(M) and a section of the media were trying to malign the ruling Trinamool Congress and the state government.
Stating that some arrests had been made, he said the Kolkata Police Commissioner has been asked to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?