Trinamool hails High Court order on Netai killings
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday
hailed the Calcutta High Court`s order directing CBI to probe
the gunning down of nine persons at Netai village, near
Lalgarh, allegedly by CPI-M cadres on January 7.
Trinamool MP Subhendu Adhikari told reporters that
family members of the victims killed or injured in the firing
had been praying for a CBI probe.
"The order has come as a great relief for the people
of Netai who feel that there should be a CBI probe as an
impartial inquiry was not possible by the CID since the
allegation was against CPI-M cadres and leaders," Adhikari
Besides, the CID falls under the Home Department
looked after by the chief minister of the state, the Trinamool
Alleging that armed cadres of the CPI-M had killed
innocent villagers, he said it is expected that truth would
come out in the CBI investigation.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires