Trinamool has created a Frankenstein in GJM: CPI(M
Kolkata: Opposition parties on Tuesday decried the GJM for raising the Gorkhaland demand before Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at a government programme, with the CPI(M) accusing the Trinamool Congress of having created a `Frankenstein`.
"We had repeatedly told her during signing of the agreement for the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration that the chief minister has created a Frankenstein in the GJM over which she will not have any control," Leader of the Opposition Surjyakanta Mishra said.
Mishra, a senior CPI(M) leader, also alleged that the Trinamool Congress-Gorkha Janmukti Morcha nexus was evident during the GTA elections when the TMC withdrew its candidates.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya, referring to a section of GJM workers raising slogans for Gorkhaland at the chief minister`s programme in Darjeeling, said that it was unfortunate, but the demand for a separate state could not be accepted.
He suggested that all political parties and the Centre look for a permanent solution to the Darjeeling problem within the constitutional framework.
Congress leader and union minister Deepa Dasmunshi said, " Mere scolding will not serve to bring a permanent solution to the hill problem.
The sentiment of the people in the hills should be honoured while finding a permanent solution," She said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani