Trinamool has failed to live up to expectations : Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: Lashing out at CPI(M) leadership for destroying the economy of West Bengal during its 34-year-long rule, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said Trinamool Congress regime too has failed to live up to the people`s expectations.
"CPI(M) during its long rule has destroyed Bengal in all possible ways. It had done nothing for the state`s development. The people of Bengal voted for Trinamool to bring change but it is really unfortunate that it has failed to live up to the expectations of the masses," Singh said.
In a bid to strengthen BJP in Bengal, Singh said from now on the party would bear the cost of the legal expenses of its workers implicated in `false cases`.
The BJP in-charge of West Bengal, Varun Gandhi said BJP would appeal to the people of Bengal to vote for either the party or Congress.
"Voting for TMC or CPI(M) would be a waste of vote as they won`t form the next government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves