Trinamool holds rally with body of slain supporter
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Monday
took out a procession here with the body of a party worker who
was hacked and shot dead by unknown persons at Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district.
The body of 35-year-old Sanatan Hembrom, who was
killed at Bamal village yesterday was kept overnight at a
funeral parlour in central Kolkata before being taken in a
procession today to north Kolkata and back to Metro Channel.
The body was taken to party headquarters Trinamool
Bhavan where party chief Mamata Banerjee paid her respects.
Addressing a rally at the Metro channel, senior party
leader Partha Chattopadhay said Hembrom was a tribal leader
who was killed allegedly by armed CPI(M) cadre.
Chattopadhay, who is also the Leader of the
Opposition, said "on an average eight persons are killed every
day by the CPI(M) and over 2000 party workers have been killed
since the May 2009 Lok Sabha elections."
The body was sent to Hembram`s village for last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan