Trinamool holds rally with body of slain supporter
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Monday
took out a procession here with the body of a party worker who
was hacked and shot dead by unknown persons at Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district.
The body of 35-year-old Sanatan Hembrom, who was
killed at Bamal village yesterday was kept overnight at a
funeral parlour in central Kolkata before being taken in a
procession today to north Kolkata and back to Metro Channel.
The body was taken to party headquarters Trinamool
Bhavan where party chief Mamata Banerjee paid her respects.
Addressing a rally at the Metro channel, senior party
leader Partha Chattopadhay said Hembrom was a tribal leader
who was killed allegedly by armed CPI(M) cadre.
Chattopadhay, who is also the Leader of the
Opposition, said "on an average eight persons are killed every
day by the CPI(M) and over 2000 party workers have been killed
since the May 2009 Lok Sabha elections."
The body was sent to Hembram`s village for last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing