Trinamool in hurry for panchayat, LS polls: CPI-M
Kolkata: Mocking Trinamool Congress for its "hurry" to conduct both panchayat polls in West Bengal and the Lok Sabha polls, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Thursday accused it of using undemocratic means to pull down the Left Front-led rural bodies in the state.
"They (the Trinamool) are in a great hurry to conduct both panchayat and Lok Sabha polls. They have a feeling that they will get good results if the elections are held earlier. They can`t fool the masses. They will be proved wrong by the masses," said Leader of Opposition Surjya Kant Mishra.
"The new government has, in an undemocratic way, dismissed three Left-led rural bodies. Such undemocratic things have never occurred during the Left regime. They are using all kind of undemocratic ways from pursuing violence to use of strong-arm tactics," he said.
Miffed over twin decisions of diesel price hike and retail FDI, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier this month announced that her party was withdrawing support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
Trinamool`s withdrawal from the UPA has raised speculations that the central government may not complete its full term till 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country