Trinamool in hurry for panchayat, LS polls: CPI-M
Kolkata: Mocking Trinamool Congress for its "hurry" to conduct both panchayat polls in West Bengal and the Lok Sabha polls, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Thursday accused it of using undemocratic means to pull down the Left Front-led rural bodies in the state.
"They (the Trinamool) are in a great hurry to conduct both panchayat and Lok Sabha polls. They have a feeling that they will get good results if the elections are held earlier. They can`t fool the masses. They will be proved wrong by the masses," said Leader of Opposition Surjya Kant Mishra.
"The new government has, in an undemocratic way, dismissed three Left-led rural bodies. Such undemocratic things have never occurred during the Left regime. They are using all kind of undemocratic ways from pursuing violence to use of strong-arm tactics," he said.
Miffed over twin decisions of diesel price hike and retail FDI, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier this month announced that her party was withdrawing support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
Trinamool`s withdrawal from the UPA has raised speculations that the central government may not complete its full term till 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly