Trinamool leader held on molestation charge in WB
Jhargram: A local Trinamool Congress leader and four of his associates have been arrested in West Midnapore district on molestation and other charges lodged last month, police said on Saturday.
Jaladhar Panda, Binpur block vice-president of Triamool Youth Congress, and four others were arrested last night and produced before the court today.
Jhargram ACJM Priyajit Chatterjee remanded them in jail custody till April 20 and sought the case diary from the police on April 12.
Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged before the state Women`s Commission, state Human Rights Commission and senior district officials on March 7 that Panda and his associates came to their houses and assaulted and molested them, asking them to quit the outfit.
In the complaint, they had said though a complaint was lodged in Binpur police station following the incident, no action was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples