Trinamool leader held on molestation charge in WB
Jhargram: A local Trinamool Congress leader and four of his associates have been arrested in West Midnapore district on molestation and other charges lodged last month, police said on Saturday.
Jaladhar Panda, Binpur block vice-president of Triamool Youth Congress, and four others were arrested last night and produced before the court today.
Jhargram ACJM Priyajit Chatterjee remanded them in jail custody till April 20 and sought the case diary from the police on April 12.
Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged before the state Women`s Commission, state Human Rights Commission and senior district officials on March 7 that Panda and his associates came to their houses and assaulted and molested them, asking them to quit the outfit.
In the complaint, they had said though a complaint was lodged in Binpur police station following the incident, no action was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter