Trinamool members shouldn`t collect money for chit funds: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday said none of the Trinamool leaders and workers were associated with chit funds, and warned party activists to neither collect money for such companies nor park funds with them for higher returns.
Addressing the extended general council of the party, in the backdrop of the arrest of Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh who has spoken about links between some leaders with the Saradha Group in a video grab aired by a local channel, Banerjee said she will leave the party if any of the workers raise funds for such companies.
"If I come to know about such things (fund raising), then I will not remain with the party," said the Trinamool chief.
"If the need be, we will beg on the roads to run our party, but we will not run on chit fund money," she said adding that money will be raised through sale of pictures or posters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata