Trinamool members shouldn`t collect money for chit funds: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday said none of the Trinamool leaders and workers were associated with chit funds, and warned party activists to neither collect money for such companies nor park funds with them for higher returns.
Addressing the extended general council of the party, in the backdrop of the arrest of Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh who has spoken about links between some leaders with the Saradha Group in a video grab aired by a local channel, Banerjee said she will leave the party if any of the workers raise funds for such companies.
"If I come to know about such things (fund raising), then I will not remain with the party," said the Trinamool chief.
"If the need be, we will beg on the roads to run our party, but we will not run on chit fund money," she said adding that money will be raised through sale of pictures or posters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan