Trinamool moves against ex-Congress MLA
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Sovandeb Chattopadhyay on Friday said he will move a privilege motion against former Congress legislator Arunava Ghosh on charges of insulting Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee.
"Ghosh has made some remarks against the speaker which are derogatory. I will bring a privilege motion against Ghosh on Monday," said Chattopadhyay.
Ghosh made the remarks after the speaker disallowed former legislators from entering the assembly to pay respects to late chief minister Jyoti Basu on his 99th birth anniversary in July.
Ghosh told a news agency: "I stick to my comments and ready to go to jail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand