Trinamool moves against ex-Congress MLA
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Sovandeb Chattopadhyay on Friday said he will move a privilege motion against former Congress legislator Arunava Ghosh on charges of insulting Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee.
"Ghosh has made some remarks against the speaker which are derogatory. I will bring a privilege motion against Ghosh on Monday," said Chattopadhyay.
Ghosh made the remarks after the speaker disallowed former legislators from entering the assembly to pay respects to late chief minister Jyoti Basu on his 99th birth anniversary in July.
Ghosh told a news agency: "I stick to my comments and ready to go to jail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray