Trinamool MP Kabir Suman slams Mamata
Kolkata: Controversial Trinamool Congress
MP Kabir Suman, who earned the wrath of party supremo Mamata
Banerjee for supporting the Maoist cause, has claimed she all
along knew of his leanings.
"I came to know that she (Mamata) said she had no idea
that I am a supporter of extremists. She also said she can
sack me in just one second but she refrained from doing so
because in that case I will get an opportunity," the MP posted
on his website.
Kabir Suman, who was elected from Jadavpore Lok Sabha
constituency, went on, "Just as you could not ascertain that
I am an extremist, I too could not realise many things. If I
had the vision and the mental power, I could have realised
In the same website, the MP, who is a popular singer as
well, uploaded a song titled `Hero` penned and sung by him
eulogising late Maoist leader Kishenji without naming him.
He uploaded another song, this time praising Jagori
Baskey, another Maoist guerrilla fighter, who had surrendered
to the authorities recently.
In a rebuttal of Mamata`s comment that it was a `mistake`
on her part to have nominated him as a party candidate, Kabir
Suman threw a challenge to her in a 14-page document posted on
"Let her expel me. I had communicated to her some months
ago over telephone that I will keep myself off, if she asks me
so. Before that, after some differences with her on my
composition of songs on Chhatradhar Mahato (leader of
Maoist-backed PCAPA) in Jangalmahal, I informed her that I am
not an MP of any political party, I am Suman first."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert