Trinamool MP Kabir Suman slams Mamata
Kolkata: Controversial Trinamool Congress
MP Kabir Suman, who earned the wrath of party supremo Mamata
Banerjee for supporting the Maoist cause, has claimed she all
along knew of his leanings.
"I came to know that she (Mamata) said she had no idea
that I am a supporter of extremists. She also said she can
sack me in just one second but she refrained from doing so
because in that case I will get an opportunity," the MP posted
on his website.
Kabir Suman, who was elected from Jadavpore Lok Sabha
constituency, went on, "Just as you could not ascertain that
I am an extremist, I too could not realise many things. If I
had the vision and the mental power, I could have realised
In the same website, the MP, who is a popular singer as
well, uploaded a song titled `Hero` penned and sung by him
eulogising late Maoist leader Kishenji without naming him.
He uploaded another song, this time praising Jagori
Baskey, another Maoist guerrilla fighter, who had surrendered
to the authorities recently.
In a rebuttal of Mamata`s comment that it was a `mistake`
on her part to have nominated him as a party candidate, Kabir
Suman threw a challenge to her in a 14-page document posted on
"Let her expel me. I had communicated to her some months
ago over telephone that I will keep myself off, if she asks me
so. Before that, after some differences with her on my
composition of songs on Chhatradhar Mahato (leader of
Maoist-backed PCAPA) in Jangalmahal, I informed her that I am
not an MP of any political party, I am Suman first."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark