Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh claims tell-all video kept with friend
Kolkata: Claiming that he was facing a life threat for taking on a section of the Trinamool Congress leadership, MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday said he had kept a video recording of his statements in the safe custody of a friend.
The TMC MP, who has been issued a show cause notice by the party for indiscipline, said, "I want the people to know the truth. I am having problem in revealing many facts. It will be revealed in that video which I have kept in the safe custody of a friend," Ghosh said.
Ghosh, who was interrogated twice by the police in the Saradha Group scandal, denied rumour of meeting Congress President Sonia Gandhi and alleged that some TMC leaders were spreading canard against him, though they themselves were covertly in touch with the Congress high command.
"They attend dinner parties organised by the Congress. It is a complete lie that I have met Congress president Sonia Gandhi. They are spreading canard against me to corner me within the party," Ghosh alleged.
Ghosh has threatened to conduct a press conference and reveal `many` facts about the scam if he is arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing