Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh claims tell-all video kept with friend
Kolkata: Claiming that he was facing a life threat for taking on a section of the Trinamool Congress leadership, MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday said he had kept a video recording of his statements in the safe custody of a friend.
The TMC MP, who has been issued a show cause notice by the party for indiscipline, said, "I want the people to know the truth. I am having problem in revealing many facts. It will be revealed in that video which I have kept in the safe custody of a friend," Ghosh said.
Ghosh, who was interrogated twice by the police in the Saradha Group scandal, denied rumour of meeting Congress President Sonia Gandhi and alleged that some TMC leaders were spreading canard against him, though they themselves were covertly in touch with the Congress high command.
"They attend dinner parties organised by the Congress. It is a complete lie that I have met Congress president Sonia Gandhi. They are spreading canard against me to corner me within the party," Ghosh alleged.
Ghosh has threatened to conduct a press conference and reveal `many` facts about the scam if he is arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet