Trinamool MP regrets comments on Park street rape victim
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar has expressed regret over her comments against the Park street rape victim in December last year to the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, which has closed the case against her.
"She is apologetic. She said that she shouldn`t have made such comments. She also said that she would not make such comments in future," Joint Secretary, West Bengal Human Rights Commission Sujoy Kumar Haldar said today.
"Now the case is closed and disposed off," Haldar said.
Ghosh Dastidar`s comment about the Park street rape victim had created a national uproar last year.
"It was not a rape, but a misunderstanding between a lady and her client," she had told a television channel.
After Dastidar made the comments, the WBHRC had started a suo motu inquiry and had asked the city police commissioner to file a report about it.
The Police Commissioner had sent a video clipping of her statement to the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu
- New Chief Justice of Patna HC sworn in
- India in West Indies: With Lokesh Rahul waiting in wings, Cheteshwar Pujara needs to rediscover form
- 'Sultan' Box Office collections: Rs 300 cr does not seem far for Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma starrer
- Must watch – What would happen if an asteroid hit the Earth today!