Trinamool MP regrets comments on Park street rape victim
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar has expressed regret over her comments against the Park street rape victim in December last year to the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, which has closed the case against her.
"She is apologetic. She said that she shouldn`t have made such comments. She also said that she would not make such comments in future," Joint Secretary, West Bengal Human Rights Commission Sujoy Kumar Haldar said today.
"Now the case is closed and disposed off," Haldar said.
Ghosh Dastidar`s comment about the Park street rape victim had created a national uproar last year.
"It was not a rape, but a misunderstanding between a lady and her client," she had told a television channel.
After Dastidar made the comments, the WBHRC had started a suo motu inquiry and had asked the city police commissioner to file a report about it.
The Police Commissioner had sent a video clipping of her statement to the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city