Trinamool MP regrets comments on Park street rape victim
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar has expressed regret over her comments against the Park street rape victim in December last year to the West Bengal Human Rights Commission, which has closed the case against her.
"She is apologetic. She said that she shouldn`t have made such comments. She also said that she would not make such comments in future," Joint Secretary, West Bengal Human Rights Commission Sujoy Kumar Haldar said today.
"Now the case is closed and disposed off," Haldar said.
Ghosh Dastidar`s comment about the Park street rape victim had created a national uproar last year.
"It was not a rape, but a misunderstanding between a lady and her client," she had told a television channel.
After Dastidar made the comments, the WBHRC had started a suo motu inquiry and had asked the city police commissioner to file a report about it.
The Police Commissioner had sent a video clipping of her statement to the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured