Trinamool MP Suman postpones resignation for a week
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman,
who had sent an SMS text on Monday night announcing that he
was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha, on Wednesday postponed
the decision by a week following a request by noted writer
The decision was announced by Suman himself after a
three-hour meeting with Mahasweta Devi at her residence in
Party sources said Suman has demanded removal of Sobhan
Chatterjee from the post of Trinamool Congress South
24-Parganas district president.
Suman had charged yesterday that he was constantly
humilated in the party and claimed Chatterjee, a Mamata
Banerjee loyalist, was interfering in the development work in
his Jadavpur constituency.
It was learnt that following Suman`s announcement on
Monday, Mahasweta Devi herself took the initiative and invited
him to her residence in a bid to persuade him to withdraw his
Lok Sabha sources had said in Delhi yesterday that the
Trinamool Congress had written to Speaker Meira Kumar seeking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack