Trinamool MP Suman postpones resignation for a week
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman,
who had sent an SMS text on Monday night announcing that he
was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha, on Wednesday postponed
the decision by a week following a request by noted writer
The decision was announced by Suman himself after a
three-hour meeting with Mahasweta Devi at her residence in
Party sources said Suman has demanded removal of Sobhan
Chatterjee from the post of Trinamool Congress South
24-Parganas district president.
Suman had charged yesterday that he was constantly
humilated in the party and claimed Chatterjee, a Mamata
Banerjee loyalist, was interfering in the development work in
his Jadavpur constituency.
It was learnt that following Suman`s announcement on
Monday, Mahasweta Devi herself took the initiative and invited
him to her residence in a bid to persuade him to withdraw his
Lok Sabha sources had said in Delhi yesterday that the
Trinamool Congress had written to Speaker Meira Kumar seeking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!