Trinamool MP Suman postpones resignation for a week
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman,
who had sent an SMS text on Monday night announcing that he
was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha, on Wednesday postponed
the decision by a week following a request by noted writer
The decision was announced by Suman himself after a
three-hour meeting with Mahasweta Devi at her residence in
Party sources said Suman has demanded removal of Sobhan
Chatterjee from the post of Trinamool Congress South
24-Parganas district president.
Suman had charged yesterday that he was constantly
humilated in the party and claimed Chatterjee, a Mamata
Banerjee loyalist, was interfering in the development work in
his Jadavpur constituency.
It was learnt that following Suman`s announcement on
Monday, Mahasweta Devi herself took the initiative and invited
him to her residence in a bid to persuade him to withdraw his
Lok Sabha sources had said in Delhi yesterday that the
Trinamool Congress had written to Speaker Meira Kumar seeking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi