Trinamool MP to teachers: Protest if attacked by s
Kolkata: Terming the attack on college principals and teachers by the students affiliated to Trinamool Congress as "embarrassing", party MP Saugato Roy on Saturday told principals to organise sit-in demonstrations if attacked by students.
"I really feel sick when I see that teachers and principals are being attacked. I feel that it would have been better if I had died before witnessing such embarrassing incidents. The students who beat their teachers and principals should be thrown out of college," said Roy.
In the last one year, there have been several incidents of the students affiliated to Trinamool assaulting principals and teachers of various educational institutions across the state.
The state government led by Mamata Banerjee has been criticised by both the opposition and the civil society for dealing with these incidents with soft approach.
"If you (principals) are attacked, stage a sit-in demonstration in front of the college to register your protest. Our government will see that the principals and teachers get adequate security if threatened by students," Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof