Trinamool MP to teachers: Protest if attacked by s
Kolkata: Terming the attack on college principals and teachers by the students affiliated to Trinamool Congress as "embarrassing", party MP Saugato Roy on Saturday told principals to organise sit-in demonstrations if attacked by students.
"I really feel sick when I see that teachers and principals are being attacked. I feel that it would have been better if I had died before witnessing such embarrassing incidents. The students who beat their teachers and principals should be thrown out of college," said Roy.
In the last one year, there have been several incidents of the students affiliated to Trinamool assaulting principals and teachers of various educational institutions across the state.
The state government led by Mamata Banerjee has been criticised by both the opposition and the civil society for dealing with these incidents with soft approach.
"If you (principals) are attacked, stage a sit-in demonstration in front of the college to register your protest. Our government will see that the principals and teachers get adequate security if threatened by students," Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!