Trinamool MP to teachers: Protest if attacked by s
Kolkata: Terming the attack on college principals and teachers by the students affiliated to Trinamool Congress as "embarrassing", party MP Saugato Roy on Saturday told principals to organise sit-in demonstrations if attacked by students.
"I really feel sick when I see that teachers and principals are being attacked. I feel that it would have been better if I had died before witnessing such embarrassing incidents. The students who beat their teachers and principals should be thrown out of college," said Roy.
In the last one year, there have been several incidents of the students affiliated to Trinamool assaulting principals and teachers of various educational institutions across the state.
The state government led by Mamata Banerjee has been criticised by both the opposition and the civil society for dealing with these incidents with soft approach.
"If you (principals) are attacked, stage a sit-in demonstration in front of the college to register your protest. Our government will see that the principals and teachers get adequate security if threatened by students," Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter