Trinamool MPs hold dharna against violence in WB
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs Tuesday staged a dharna outside Parliament to protest against what they termed as "state-sponsered terrorism" in West Bengal.
"Our dharna is against the ongoing violence unleashed in West Bengal. This is nothing but state-sponsered terrorism," Trinamool Congress leader Sudeep Bandhpadhaya told
reporters outside Parliament.
There were about 12 Trinamool MPs, including cinestar- turned-politician Tapas Paul, who participated in the dharna.
Demanding Home Minister`s visit to the state to see the ground reality, he alleged, "We have lost 250 Trinamool workers recently due to the state-sponsered terrorism."
"We have asked Home Minister P Chidambaram to visit the state again and he has assured us to do so," Bandopadhaya said.
Terming violence in West Bengal as an act against democracy, he said, "Parliamentary democracy is under threat and the voice of the opposition is gagged in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena