Trinamool MPs hold dharna against violence in WB
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs Tuesday staged a dharna outside Parliament to protest against what they termed as "state-sponsered terrorism" in West Bengal.
"Our dharna is against the ongoing violence unleashed in West Bengal. This is nothing but state-sponsered terrorism," Trinamool Congress leader Sudeep Bandhpadhaya told
reporters outside Parliament.
There were about 12 Trinamool MPs, including cinestar- turned-politician Tapas Paul, who participated in the dharna.
Demanding Home Minister`s visit to the state to see the ground reality, he alleged, "We have lost 250 Trinamool workers recently due to the state-sponsered terrorism."
"We have asked Home Minister P Chidambaram to visit the state again and he has assured us to do so," Bandopadhaya said.
Terming violence in West Bengal as an act against democracy, he said, "Parliamentary democracy is under threat and the voice of the opposition is gagged in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal