Trinamool MPs hold dharna against violence in WB
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs Tuesday staged a dharna outside Parliament to protest against what they termed as "state-sponsered terrorism" in West Bengal.
"Our dharna is against the ongoing violence unleashed in West Bengal. This is nothing but state-sponsered terrorism," Trinamool Congress leader Sudeep Bandhpadhaya told
reporters outside Parliament.
There were about 12 Trinamool MPs, including cinestar- turned-politician Tapas Paul, who participated in the dharna.
Demanding Home Minister`s visit to the state to see the ground reality, he alleged, "We have lost 250 Trinamool workers recently due to the state-sponsered terrorism."
"We have asked Home Minister P Chidambaram to visit the state again and he has assured us to do so," Bandopadhaya said.
Terming violence in West Bengal as an act against democracy, he said, "Parliamentary democracy is under threat and the voice of the opposition is gagged in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical