Trinamool MPs urged to spend MPLAD fund for health sector
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has asked all Trinamool Congress MPs to spend funds from MPLAD for improvement of health services in the state.
Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim told reporters here today that the chief minister had told the MPs belonging to Trinamool to spend funds from MPLAD for development of the health sector as the state was in acute shortage of finance.
He said that so far, six MPs including Railway minister Mukul Roy had spent Rs 6.29 crore from their MPLAD funds towards various activities relating to the health sector.
Meanwhile, Banerjee on Saturday visited the Ramrik Hospital at Bhawanipore for inspection.
She directed the health officials convert the hospital into an annexe of SSKM Hospital which would house a visitors` room after renovation.
The state also announced that Rs one lakh would be provided to each patient requiring chemotherapy in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Tusshar Kapoor’s decision to embrace fatherhood will inspire you – Details inside
- Yazidi victim demands genocide trial for IS leaders
- Several parts of Telangana receive heavy rain
- Ask Sourav Ganguly what problem he has with me: Ravi Shastri on his absence during interview
- Rajinikanth ji's film stole the poster of our film, says Irrfan Khan