Trinamool MPs urged to spend MPLAD fund for health sector
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has asked all Trinamool Congress MPs to spend funds from MPLAD for improvement of health services in the state.
Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim told reporters here today that the chief minister had told the MPs belonging to Trinamool to spend funds from MPLAD for development of the health sector as the state was in acute shortage of finance.
He said that so far, six MPs including Railway minister Mukul Roy had spent Rs 6.29 crore from their MPLAD funds towards various activities relating to the health sector.
Meanwhile, Banerjee on Saturday visited the Ramrik Hospital at Bhawanipore for inspection.
She directed the health officials convert the hospital into an annexe of SSKM Hospital which would house a visitors` room after renovation.
The state also announced that Rs one lakh would be provided to each patient requiring chemotherapy in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi