Trinamool not dependent on Cong: Bengal Minister
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress is not dependent on the Congress, rather the Congress is anxiously waiting for its decision on presidential election, a senior minister in the Mamata Banerjee government on Sunday claimed.
"We are not dependent on Congress, rather the Congress is eagerly waiting for our decision on Presidential poll," Urban Development and Municipal Affairs Minister Firhad Hakim said.
Flaying Congress MP Adhir Chowdhury`s denunciation of Mamata`s negative stand on Pranab Mukherjee, the minister said he was not bothered about what he said.
"People know the stature of our leader," Hakim said.
Chowdhury on being asked about Hakim`s statement said, "Some people are there to shout for their leader, I don`t like to comment on them."
Hakim said Congress was free to quit the Mamata Banerjee Government in the state.
"The Congress is free to leave the Mamata Banerjee government, if it wants. There will not be any crisis," Hakim said referring to WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharya`s threat to withdraw Congress ministers from the government after Mamata`s rejection of Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail