Trinamool opposes move to abolish Planning Commission
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Sunday opposed the Centre`s move to abolish Planning Commission, saying the party did not believe that such an institution could be abolished "like this".
"Suddenly on August 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the abolition of Planning Commission in his Independence Day address to the nation from Red Fort. An institution like the Planning Commission cannot be abolished like this," Sudip Bandopadhyay, leader of Trinamool Congress Parliamentary Party in the Lok Sabha, said.
"The reason for the proposed winding up was not explained categorically, nor was it discussed in Parliament," he said. "Trinamool Congress opposes the move," he said.
"All political parties` opinion should be taken and the matter should be debated on the floor of the House," he said.
The Prime Minister had on August 15 said that a new institution would soon be set up in place of Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker