Trinamool opposes move to abolish Planning Commission
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Sunday opposed the Centre`s move to abolish Planning Commission, saying the party did not believe that such an institution could be abolished "like this".
"Suddenly on August 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the abolition of Planning Commission in his Independence Day address to the nation from Red Fort. An institution like the Planning Commission cannot be abolished like this," Sudip Bandopadhyay, leader of Trinamool Congress Parliamentary Party in the Lok Sabha, said.
"The reason for the proposed winding up was not explained categorically, nor was it discussed in Parliament," he said. "Trinamool Congress opposes the move," he said.
"All political parties` opinion should be taken and the matter should be debated on the floor of the House," he said.
The Prime Minister had on August 15 said that a new institution would soon be set up in place of Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug