Trinamool padyatra on eve of 1 year of party`s win
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on the eve of its historic win in West Bengal last year ending 34 years of Left Front rule on Saturday took out a massive procession in the metropolis as part of a month-long celebration programme.
The processionists drawn from student and youth wings of the party also included all-India general secretary Mukul Roy who marched six kilometres from Shyambazar in the north to Dharmatolla in central Kolkata.
Carrying large cutouts of party chief Mamata Banerjee, flags and posters depicting the success in restoring peace in junglemahal and Darjeeling, the processionists shouted slogans in favour of the Trinmool Congress-led `Ma, Mati, Manush` government and its performance in the last one year.
On May 13 last year the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress routed the Marxists from the state after over three decades of uninterrupted rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug