Trinamool padyatra on eve of 1 year of party`s win
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on the eve of its historic win in West Bengal last year ending 34 years of Left Front rule on Saturday took out a massive procession in the metropolis as part of a month-long celebration programme.
The processionists drawn from student and youth wings of the party also included all-India general secretary Mukul Roy who marched six kilometres from Shyambazar in the north to Dharmatolla in central Kolkata.
Carrying large cutouts of party chief Mamata Banerjee, flags and posters depicting the success in restoring peace in junglemahal and Darjeeling, the processionists shouted slogans in favour of the Trinmool Congress-led `Ma, Mati, Manush` government and its performance in the last one year.
On May 13 last year the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress routed the Marxists from the state after over three decades of uninterrupted rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery