Trinamool padyatra on eve of 1 year of party`s win
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on the eve of its historic win in West Bengal last year ending 34 years of Left Front rule on Saturday took out a massive procession in the metropolis as part of a month-long celebration programme.
The processionists drawn from student and youth wings of the party also included all-India general secretary Mukul Roy who marched six kilometres from Shyambazar in the north to Dharmatolla in central Kolkata.
Carrying large cutouts of party chief Mamata Banerjee, flags and posters depicting the success in restoring peace in junglemahal and Darjeeling, the processionists shouted slogans in favour of the Trinmool Congress-led `Ma, Mati, Manush` government and its performance in the last one year.
On May 13 last year the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress routed the Marxists from the state after over three decades of uninterrupted rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'