Trinamool poser on NGO of Buddhadeb`s daughter
Kolkata: After being accused of "extortion" by former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, the Trinamool Congress Monday hit back, asking the veteran Marxist to come clean over affairs of an NGO run by his daughter.
Trinamool leader and Commerce and Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee accused the erstwhile Bhattacharjee-led Left Front government of patronising Aranayak, an NGO run by Suchetna, Bhattacharjee`s daughter.
"Why do you not publish the story on how your daughter`s NGO flourished during the Left regime? The people of Bengal want to know about Aranayak," Chatterjee told mediapersons here.
Chatterjee`s comment come a day after the Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member accused the Trinamool of extorting money in the name of festivals.
"What is happening in the localities? In the name of organising festivals like the Durga Puja, the committees in various localities are collecting lakhs of rupees. These committees are headed by ministers and (Trinamool) leaders," Bhattacharjee said Sunday.
The Trinamool leader also accused the CPI-M leaders and ministers of amassing wealth during the Left regime and asserted that if there was a referendum on honesty, party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would come out tops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof