Trinamool poser on NGO of Buddhadeb`s daughter
Kolkata: After being accused of "extortion" by former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, the Trinamool Congress Monday hit back, asking the veteran Marxist to come clean over affairs of an NGO run by his daughter.
Trinamool leader and Commerce and Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee accused the erstwhile Bhattacharjee-led Left Front government of patronising Aranayak, an NGO run by Suchetna, Bhattacharjee`s daughter.
"Why do you not publish the story on how your daughter`s NGO flourished during the Left regime? The people of Bengal want to know about Aranayak," Chatterjee told mediapersons here.
Chatterjee`s comment come a day after the Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member accused the Trinamool of extorting money in the name of festivals.
"What is happening in the localities? In the name of organising festivals like the Durga Puja, the committees in various localities are collecting lakhs of rupees. These committees are headed by ministers and (Trinamool) leaders," Bhattacharjee said Sunday.
The Trinamool leader also accused the CPI-M leaders and ministers of amassing wealth during the Left regime and asserted that if there was a referendum on honesty, party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would come out tops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"