Trinamool poser on NGO of Buddhadeb`s daughter
Kolkata: After being accused of "extortion" by former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, the Trinamool Congress Monday hit back, asking the veteran Marxist to come clean over affairs of an NGO run by his daughter.
Trinamool leader and Commerce and Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee accused the erstwhile Bhattacharjee-led Left Front government of patronising Aranayak, an NGO run by Suchetna, Bhattacharjee`s daughter.
"Why do you not publish the story on how your daughter`s NGO flourished during the Left regime? The people of Bengal want to know about Aranayak," Chatterjee told mediapersons here.
Chatterjee`s comment come a day after the Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member accused the Trinamool of extorting money in the name of festivals.
"What is happening in the localities? In the name of organising festivals like the Durga Puja, the committees in various localities are collecting lakhs of rupees. These committees are headed by ministers and (Trinamool) leaders," Bhattacharjee said Sunday.
The Trinamool leader also accused the CPI-M leaders and ministers of amassing wealth during the Left regime and asserted that if there was a referendum on honesty, party supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would come out tops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh