Trinamool seeks Anna Hazare`s guidance
Kolkata: Agreeing to a 17-point agenda proposed by Anna Hazare for political parties, the Trinamool Congress has sought guidance from the Gandhian activist.
"We accept your 17 points economic agenda and need your guidance also," Trinamool`s national general secretary Mukul Roy said in a recent letter to Hazare.
He was replying to a letter from the anti-corruption crusader which had sought the party`s support in implementing a list of programmes in Parliament after this year`s Lok Sabha polls.
Roy said that most of these issues pertaining to improving the life of common man, development of village-based industries, transparency in acquiring agricultural land, improving the condition of the minorities, etc, have already been included in their party manifesto for the 2009 Lok Sabha elections and the 2011 state Assembly polls.
"I would like to assure you that we are wholeheartedly working to incorporate many more such ideas in our party`s 2014 Lok Sabha election manifesto as well," the Trinamool leader said.
TMC national spokesperson Derek O`Brien said, "The lives of Annaji and Mamata didi are aligned in their simplicity. We will look upto him to guide us".
Hazare had yesterday lauded the Trinamool supremo for her simplicity.
In the letter, Roy also congratulated Hazare on his relentless efforts to bring transparency in public life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH