Trinamool slams Buddhadeb for alleging nexus with Maoists
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday
hit back at West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
for alleging that the party had a nexus with Maoists and said
how could the Left Front win seats in Junglemahal had that
been the case.
"Bhattacharjee has always said this before at the time
of panchayat, Lok Sabha and civic polls," senior Trinamool
Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told a press conference
"It is oft repeated. If that is the case, how can the
Left Front win seats in Junglemahal?" he questioned.
Chatterjee said that his party would stand by the
adivasis in Junglemahal area whose condition was dismal after
34 years of Left Front rule in West Bengal.
"We want to stand by the adivasis in Junglemahal
because of their dismal plight," he said.
The Trinamool Congress leader said that there was no
access to drinking water, no health centre, no food, no
shelter, no clothing and education for children.
"Does not the Left Front government have an expiry
date?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore