Trinamool slams Buddhadeb for alleging nexus with Maoists
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday
hit back at West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
for alleging that the party had a nexus with Maoists and said
how could the Left Front win seats in Junglemahal had that
been the case.
"Bhattacharjee has always said this before at the time
of panchayat, Lok Sabha and civic polls," senior Trinamool
Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told a press conference
"It is oft repeated. If that is the case, how can the
Left Front win seats in Junglemahal?" he questioned.
Chatterjee said that his party would stand by the
adivasis in Junglemahal area whose condition was dismal after
34 years of Left Front rule in West Bengal.
"We want to stand by the adivasis in Junglemahal
because of their dismal plight," he said.
The Trinamool Congress leader said that there was no
access to drinking water, no health centre, no food, no
shelter, no clothing and education for children.
"Does not the Left Front government have an expiry
date?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?