Trinamool slams Buddhadeb for alleging nexus with Maoists
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday
hit back at West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
for alleging that the party had a nexus with Maoists and said
how could the Left Front win seats in Junglemahal had that
been the case.
"Bhattacharjee has always said this before at the time
of panchayat, Lok Sabha and civic polls," senior Trinamool
Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told a press conference
"It is oft repeated. If that is the case, how can the
Left Front win seats in Junglemahal?" he questioned.
Chatterjee said that his party would stand by the
adivasis in Junglemahal area whose condition was dismal after
34 years of Left Front rule in West Bengal.
"We want to stand by the adivasis in Junglemahal
because of their dismal plight," he said.
The Trinamool Congress leader said that there was no
access to drinking water, no health centre, no food, no
shelter, no clothing and education for children.
"Does not the Left Front government have an expiry
date?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video