Trinamool slams Buddhadeb for alleging nexus with Maoists
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Friday
hit back at West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
for alleging that the party had a nexus with Maoists and said
how could the Left Front win seats in Junglemahal had that
been the case.
"Bhattacharjee has always said this before at the time
of panchayat, Lok Sabha and civic polls," senior Trinamool
Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told a press conference
"It is oft repeated. If that is the case, how can the
Left Front win seats in Junglemahal?" he questioned.
Chatterjee said that his party would stand by the
adivasis in Junglemahal area whose condition was dismal after
34 years of Left Front rule in West Bengal.
"We want to stand by the adivasis in Junglemahal
because of their dismal plight," he said.
The Trinamool Congress leader said that there was no
access to drinking water, no health centre, no food, no
shelter, no clothing and education for children.
"Does not the Left Front government have an expiry
date?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal