Trinamool slams SEC says it will have to hide after polls
Kolkata: Continuing its tirade against State election Commission, Trinamool Congress leader and minister Madan Mitra on Sunday said the SEC will have to "hide behind a veil and wear bangles" after the panchayat elections.
"After the polls, the (state election) commission will have to wear bangles, earings and hide behind a veil. The people of Bengal will give them a answer," state transport minister Mitra said during a party rally in West Midnapore district.
Mitra`s comment comes a day after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee came down heavily on SEC accusing it of taking unilateral decisions without consulting the state government.
The panchayat polls had become a bone of contention between SEC and TMC as both had moved to the court over the holding of the elections.
The Supreme Court last week fixed the polling dates on July 11, 15, 19, 22 and 25 and turned down the plea of the state government and some NGOs seeking to reschedule the dates in view of Ramzan likely to start from July 10 and end on August 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?