Trinamool threatening opposition workers: CPI-M
Kolkata: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Sunday accused West Bengal`s ruling Trinamool Congress of threatening and harassing opposition activists ahead of the upcoming panchayat polls in the state.
"An atmosphere of terror prevails in a number of districts. And in some districts the ruling party is taking recourse to threats and harassment against opposition activists," the CPI-M said in a press release after its day-long state committee meeting here.
The meeting, which chiefly discussed preparations for the panchayat elections, took note of reports from the districts. "The ruling party is trying to use the administration and the police wrongly for partisan interests," the release said.
The party said seat adjustment talks among Left Front partners were being conducted more smoothly than on earlier occasions.
"Almost everywhere such talks were at a final stage," it said.
Speaking at the committee meeting, state secretary Biman Bose stressed the need for strengthening organizational preparations and called upon the cadre to maintain intense contact with the masses.
"You must listen to the people sincerely.You must patiently continue the task of converting the resentment in the mind of the people about the Trinamool and its government into political support for the Left Front," said Bose in his concluding remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India