Trinamool to bring resolution on Aadhaar cards in Assembly
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress would table a resolution on linking of Aadhaar cards with direct benefit transfer in the West Bengal Assembly during its Winter Session which began on Monday.
State Parliamentary affairs and industry minister Partha Chatterjee told reporters after a meeting of the TMC legislature party here, the resolution would seek the Centre reversed its decision on linking direct benefit transfer with Aadhar cards, as most people of the state were yet to get it.
"We will urge the Centre to reconsider its decision," Chatterjee said.
At the legislature party meet, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had urged the party MLAs to remain alert against rumours which were being floated by some vested interests, he said.
Regarding rise in prices of vegetables and other commodities, Chatterjee said the Chief Minister told the MLAs that it was taking place because of `faulty` policies of the UPA government at the Centre.
He said during the current session, several Bills, including the New Town Kolkata Development Authority Amendment Bill 2013 would be introduced in the Assembly.
Earlier, Speaker Biman Banerjee said President Pranab Mukherjee and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar would be attending the closing ceremony of the Platinum Jubilee celebration of the West Bengal Assembly.
He also said 56 staff and employees from legislative bodies of 23 countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Germany and Australia would also visit during at that time.
The Assembly proceedings closed today after obituary references.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'