Trinamool to oppose hike in diesel, LPG prices
New Delhi: With the government preparing to raise diesel and LPG prices soon, key UPA ally Trinamool Congress on Thursday said it will oppose any fuel price hike.
"We are against any kind of price hike," said Railway Minister and TMC leader Mukul Roy on the sidelines of a function here.
The Oil Ministry has moved a Cabinet note seeking immediate hike in diesel, cooking gas and kerosene prices.
Government has also proposed to limit the supply of subsidised LPG cylinders to 4-6 per household in a year.
The ministry`s proposal to the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) also includes barring households with income of more than Rs 50,000 per month or Rs 6 lakh in a year from getting subsidised LPG cylinders.
There is also a possibility of increase in petrol price as the state-owned oil firms, despite having freedom to raise rates, are losing close to Rs 6 per litre.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee had also opposed the fuel hike in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical