Trinamool’s former Union ministers find new jobs
Kolkata: Barely two weeks after it quit the Manmohan Singh ministry, Trinamool Congress on Friday assigned new responsibilities to seven former Union ministers in the newly-formed West Bengal chief minister`s advisory council on economic and social development.
Among the former ministers, Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign as the Railway Minister to make room for Mukul Roy, has been rehabilitated in the state government as an advisor to Tourism department.
A state government notification said that under the chief minister`s order, an advisory council, known as the chief minister`s advisory council on economic and social development, has been constituted.
The advisory council would advise the government on the two specific subjects, the notification said.
It said that former railway minister Mukul Roy had been given charge in the advisory committee of transport department, followed by Saugata Roy (Industry and IT), Sisir Adhikary (rural development), Sultan Ahmed (minority affairs), Sudip Bandopadhyay (urban development), and C M Jatua (Sunderbans development).
The notification said that departments concerned with the sectors would lend all cooperation and assistance to the advisors and provide secretariat assistance to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference