Trinamool`s Trivedi compares himself to Tharoor
Kolkata: In a jibe at party leader Mamata Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and former railway minister Dinesh Trivedi Saturday equated himself with ousted minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor, saying that in spite of working well, both of them were removed without any concrete reason.
"You know both Shashi and me have something in common. Both of us were playing (working) well and there was applause too about our batting (work). But all of a sudden our captains asked the umpire to declare us out," said Trivedi while addressing a programme here.
Trivedi became the railway minister after Trinamool supremo Banerjee won the 2011 assembly elections and moved to head the West Bengal government. However, he lost his job after he fell out with Banerjee over hiking the railway fares and tariff against her wishes.
"All of a sudden, both of us were out and we didn`t know the reasons behind it," he said.
Tharoor lost his job as the union minister of state for external affairs after a controversy over an Indian Premier League franchise revolving around him came to the fore. He was asked to resign by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?