Trinamool`s Trivedi compares himself to Tharoor
Kolkata: In a jibe at party leader Mamata Banerjee, Trinamool Congress MP and former railway minister Dinesh Trivedi Saturday equated himself with ousted minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor, saying that in spite of working well, both of them were removed without any concrete reason.
"You know both Shashi and me have something in common. Both of us were playing (working) well and there was applause too about our batting (work). But all of a sudden our captains asked the umpire to declare us out," said Trivedi while addressing a programme here.
Trivedi became the railway minister after Trinamool supremo Banerjee won the 2011 assembly elections and moved to head the West Bengal government. However, he lost his job after he fell out with Banerjee over hiking the railway fares and tariff against her wishes.
"All of a sudden, both of us were out and we didn`t know the reasons behind it," he said.
Tharoor lost his job as the union minister of state for external affairs after a controversy over an Indian Premier League franchise revolving around him came to the fore. He was asked to resign by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal