Tripura minister to take part in K2K meet in Kolkata
Agartala: Tripura Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury would participate in the two-day meeting of the `Kolkata to Kunming (K2K) Forum` beginning on November 21 in Kolkata.
"I would participate at the meeting basically to study and know how new initiatives can be taken between India`s North-East and China`s Yunnan province. We are interested in possible transactions in different sectors," Chowdhury told a news agency.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan will inaugurate the event.
A 54-member delegation from China would participate in the meeting and interact with their counterparts from West Bengal and India`s North-East, official sources said.
They would include top business leaders, senior leaders of Communist Party, representatives of universities and research institutes, media and tourism industry from Yunnan province.
During the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to China on October 23, Kolkata and Kunming were declared as Sister Cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend