Tripura minister to take part in K2K meet in Kolkata
Agartala: Tripura Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury would participate in the two-day meeting of the `Kolkata to Kunming (K2K) Forum` beginning on November 21 in Kolkata.
"I would participate at the meeting basically to study and know how new initiatives can be taken between India`s North-East and China`s Yunnan province. We are interested in possible transactions in different sectors," Chowdhury told a news agency.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan will inaugurate the event.
A 54-member delegation from China would participate in the meeting and interact with their counterparts from West Bengal and India`s North-East, official sources said.
They would include top business leaders, senior leaders of Communist Party, representatives of universities and research institutes, media and tourism industry from Yunnan province.
During the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to China on October 23, Kolkata and Kunming were declared as Sister Cities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'