Tripura minister to take part in K2K meet in Kolkata
Agartala: Tripura Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury would participate in the two-day meeting of the `Kolkata to Kunming (K2K) Forum` beginning on November 21 in Kolkata.
"I would participate at the meeting basically to study and know how new initiatives can be taken between India`s North-East and China`s Yunnan province. We are interested in possible transactions in different sectors," Chowdhury told a news agency.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan will inaugurate the event.
A 54-member delegation from China would participate in the meeting and interact with their counterparts from West Bengal and India`s North-East, official sources said.
They would include top business leaders, senior leaders of Communist Party, representatives of universities and research institutes, media and tourism industry from Yunnan province.
During the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to China on October 23, Kolkata and Kunming were declared as Sister Cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’