Tripura minister to take part in K2K meet in Kolkata
Agartala: Tripura Industries and Commerce Minister Jitendra Chowdhury would participate in the two-day meeting of the `Kolkata to Kunming (K2K) Forum` beginning on November 21 in Kolkata.
"I would participate at the meeting basically to study and know how new initiatives can be taken between India`s North-East and China`s Yunnan province. We are interested in possible transactions in different sectors," Chowdhury told a news agency.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan will inaugurate the event.
A 54-member delegation from China would participate in the meeting and interact with their counterparts from West Bengal and India`s North-East, official sources said.
They would include top business leaders, senior leaders of Communist Party, representatives of universities and research institutes, media and tourism industry from Yunnan province.
During the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to China on October 23, Kolkata and Kunming were declared as Sister Cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium