Two arrested for shopping mall bomb hoax at Howrah city
Howrah: Two persons were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly creating bomb hoax in a shopping mall at Howrah city.
The police said Rezwan Selim and Shakeel Hossain were arrested from Kausghat Road near Mandirtala in the city.
They threatened to blow up the shopping mall on the side of Hoogly river yesterday unless Rs 10 lakh was given to them at a specified spot on Kausghat Road.
Selim was an employee of the shopping mall and was suspeneded from work, the police said.
The policemen followed the officials of the shopping mall in plainclothes to meet Selim and his aides this morning at the specified spot and arrested them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says