Two arrested for vandalism at Presidency University
Kolkata: Two persons were arrested today for the vandalism at the Baker Laboratory and other departments at the Presidency University.
"We have arrested two persons, Subhadip Burman and Jayanta. We are investigating the case," Joint Commissioner of Police (Hq) Javed Shamim told PTI.
Shamim did not give the political affiliations of those arrested or state whether they were the prime accused.
Yesterday, the Baker Laboratory housing the Physics Department and other departments were vandalised by persons carrying Trinamool Congress flags in protest against the heckling of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and manhandling of Finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi.
While the university authorities alleged that outsiders were involved, the SFI union accused the TMCP, which counter accused the CPI(M)`s student wing for the vandalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you