Two arrested for vandalism at Presidency University
Kolkata: Two persons were arrested today for the vandalism at the Baker Laboratory and other departments at the Presidency University.
"We have arrested two persons, Subhadip Burman and Jayanta. We are investigating the case," Joint Commissioner of Police (Hq) Javed Shamim told PTI.
Shamim did not give the political affiliations of those arrested or state whether they were the prime accused.
Yesterday, the Baker Laboratory housing the Physics Department and other departments were vandalised by persons carrying Trinamool Congress flags in protest against the heckling of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and manhandling of Finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi.
While the university authorities alleged that outsiders were involved, the SFI union accused the TMCP, which counter accused the CPI(M)`s student wing for the vandalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city