Two arrested for vandalism at Presidency University
Kolkata: Two persons were arrested today for the vandalism at the Baker Laboratory and other departments at the Presidency University.
"We have arrested two persons, Subhadip Burman and Jayanta. We are investigating the case," Joint Commissioner of Police (Hq) Javed Shamim told PTI.
Shamim did not give the political affiliations of those arrested or state whether they were the prime accused.
Yesterday, the Baker Laboratory housing the Physics Department and other departments were vandalised by persons carrying Trinamool Congress flags in protest against the heckling of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and manhandling of Finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi.
While the university authorities alleged that outsiders were involved, the SFI union accused the TMCP, which counter accused the CPI(M)`s student wing for the vandalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram