Two arrested in chit fund scam case
Malda: A man, who was in-charge of the scam-tainted Saradha Group chit fund company in north Bengal and Malda district, and his wife were arrested by police on a complaint that they siphoned off money taken from depositors.
The police today said Debashis Deb Sharma, 50, and his wife Manasi Deb Sharma were arrested last night on a complaint lodged by Ashraful Sheikh at the Chanchal Police Station that Debashis had bought land with depositors` money and later transferred it to his wife.
Malda SP Kalyan Mukherjee said that the duo was today produced in the Chanchal Sub-Divisional Court which remanded them in 10 days` police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love