Two arrested with explosives near Indo-Bangla border
Barasat: Two persons were arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle around 11 kg of explosive materials to Bangaldesh, from near Indo-Bangla border, police said.
The duo, arrested from Bongaon in North 24-Parganas district, work like middlemen and were trying to smuggle the explosive materials to Bangladesh, SDPO Rupantar Sengupta said.
The explosive materials consisted of ammonium nitrate and another red sustance, he said, adding they were being questioned and the red explosive material was being examined by experts.
The arrested duo told the police that they were carrying the explosives from Gopal Nagar and were going to smuggle them to Bangladesh at Jira border, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'