Two arrested with explosives near Indo-Bangla border
Barasat: Two persons were arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle around 11 kg of explosive materials to Bangaldesh, from near Indo-Bangla border, police said.
The duo, arrested from Bongaon in North 24-Parganas district, work like middlemen and were trying to smuggle the explosive materials to Bangladesh, SDPO Rupantar Sengupta said.
The explosive materials consisted of ammonium nitrate and another red sustance, he said, adding they were being questioned and the red explosive material was being examined by experts.
The arrested duo told the police that they were carrying the explosives from Gopal Nagar and were going to smuggle them to Bangladesh at Jira border, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan