Two arrested with explosives near Indo-Bangla border
Barasat: Two persons were arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle around 11 kg of explosive materials to Bangaldesh, from near Indo-Bangla border, police said.
The duo, arrested from Bongaon in North 24-Parganas district, work like middlemen and were trying to smuggle the explosive materials to Bangladesh, SDPO Rupantar Sengupta said.
The explosive materials consisted of ammonium nitrate and another red sustance, he said, adding they were being questioned and the red explosive material was being examined by experts.
The arrested duo told the police that they were carrying the explosives from Gopal Nagar and were going to smuggle them to Bangladesh at Jira border, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s why you need to read Arpita Khan Sharma’s response to haters
- Sudarshan Patnaik creates sand art on water conservation with slogan 'don't waste water'
- Greece starts evacuating squalid Idomeni migrant camp
- Barack Obama calls for peaceful settlement of South China Sea disputes
- Supreme Court nixes plea for 100 percent cut in water to Maharashtra liquor industry