Two babies found abandoned in Burdwan, B`lore
Burdwan/Bangalore: In a virtual rerun of the
Falak saga, a seven-month-old baby girl was found abandoned in
an express train in Burdwan in West Bengal while a six-day-old
infant boy was dumped in an open carton box in Bangalore.
Both the babies have been admitted to hospitals for
The unattended baby girl was seen in a compartment of the
Toofan Express at Madhupur station, police sources in Burdwan
The passengers of the S1 coach of the train found the
baby abandoned last night. They informed the Travelling Ticket
Examiner (TTE) about this baby, the sources said.
But the TTE and the passengers could not locate the
parents of the baby, they said.
The baby was then handed over to the Government Railway
Police (GRP) at the Assansol railway station,
The girl has been admitted to the Assansol Sub-
Divisional Hospital for treatment, the sources added.
In Bangalore, the infant boy, wrapped in a cloth, was
spotted by garbage cleaners in a parking area in a busy
locality in the morning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South
Division) Sonia Narang said in Bangalore.
To ensure that the baby is in sound health, the infant
has been shifted to the private Vanivilas hospital where he
will be kept for a day or two and then handed over to a
city-based NGO which adopts abandoned babies, she said.
An FIR has been registered under IPC section 317
(exposure and abandonment of child under 12 years, by parent
or person having care of it), Narang said.
In a case that has caught the nation`s attention,
two-year-old Falak, whose head was smashed and body with
bite marks all over, was abandoned by a teenager at the AIIMS
hospital in Delhi on January 18. She continues to be in a
critical condition and has developed an infection in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'