Two Bangladeshis held for circulating counterfeit notes
Kolkata: Two Bangladeshis were arrested for circulating counterfeit Indian currency in Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
"Two members of the racket were arrested from a hotel in New Market area in the central part Kolkata late Saturday and fake notes to the tune of Rs 3.25 lakh were recovered from them", said Deputy Commissioner of Kolkata Police`s Special Task Force Bastab Baidya.
"Acting on specific inputs, we conducted raids in the hotel and arrested them. The arrested were identified as Pintu Rahaman, 30, and Azizur Haque, 32. Both are residents of Nawabgunj in Bangladesh. The counterfeit notes are of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 denominations", said Baidya.
The accused were brought before the Bankshal Court on Sunday afternoon and remanded in police custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!