Two Bangladeshis held for circulating counterfeit notes
Kolkata: Two Bangladeshis were arrested for circulating counterfeit Indian currency in Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
"Two members of the racket were arrested from a hotel in New Market area in the central part Kolkata late Saturday and fake notes to the tune of Rs 3.25 lakh were recovered from them", said Deputy Commissioner of Kolkata Police`s Special Task Force Bastab Baidya.
"Acting on specific inputs, we conducted raids in the hotel and arrested them. The arrested were identified as Pintu Rahaman, 30, and Azizur Haque, 32. Both are residents of Nawabgunj in Bangladesh. The counterfeit notes are of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 denominations", said Baidya.
The accused were brought before the Bankshal Court on Sunday afternoon and remanded in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days