Two Bangladeshis held for circulating counterfeit notes
Kolkata: Two Bangladeshis were arrested for circulating counterfeit Indian currency in Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
"Two members of the racket were arrested from a hotel in New Market area in the central part Kolkata late Saturday and fake notes to the tune of Rs 3.25 lakh were recovered from them", said Deputy Commissioner of Kolkata Police`s Special Task Force Bastab Baidya.
"Acting on specific inputs, we conducted raids in the hotel and arrested them. The arrested were identified as Pintu Rahaman, 30, and Azizur Haque, 32. Both are residents of Nawabgunj in Bangladesh. The counterfeit notes are of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 denominations", said Baidya.
The accused were brought before the Bankshal Court on Sunday afternoon and remanded in police custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?