Two CPI(M) cadres arrested for Nandigram case
Nandigram: Two more CPI(M) cadres were
on Friday arrested by CID in connection with the disappearance of
six agitators from a rally on November 10, 2007 at Nandigram
in East Midnapore district.
Mrinmay Das and Gurupada Das were arrested from their
residence at Gokulnagar area of Nandigram, CID sources said.
Earlier several CPI(M) cadres were arrested by the CID
in this connection.
CID swung into action after Calcutta High Court had
directed the investigation agency in September this year to
trace the missing persons following a habeas corpus petition
by six women alleging that police had failed to trace their
All the six men went missing from a rally organised by
the Trinamool Congress led Bhoomi Uchchhed Pratirodh Committee
during the "recapture" of Nandigram by CPI(M) workers at the
height of Nandigram agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country