Two die, one injured in blood donation camp attack
Barasat: Two persons were shot dead
and another injured on Sunday when a group of gunmen stated to be
backed by CPI-M attacked a blood donation camp organised by
Congress and Trinamool Congress in North 24-Parganas district.
Bappa Chowdhury and Ranjit Roy died on the spot when
the camp at Habra was attacked this afternoon, Additional
Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathy said.
Chowdhury and Roy were local Congress and Trinamool
Congress leaders, police said.
Angry locals ransacked Habra Hospital where Bappa was
declared brought dead and they set fire to a truck in the
Congress and TC have called 24-hour Habra bandh
tomorrow in protest against the killings and breakdown of law
and order, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!