Two die, one injured in blood donation camp attack
Barasat: Two persons were shot dead
and another injured on Sunday when a group of gunmen stated to be
backed by CPI-M attacked a blood donation camp organised by
Congress and Trinamool Congress in North 24-Parganas district.
Bappa Chowdhury and Ranjit Roy died on the spot when
the camp at Habra was attacked this afternoon, Additional
Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathy said.
Chowdhury and Roy were local Congress and Trinamool
Congress leaders, police said.
Angry locals ransacked Habra Hospital where Bappa was
declared brought dead and they set fire to a truck in the
Congress and TC have called 24-hour Habra bandh
tomorrow in protest against the killings and breakdown of law
and order, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder