Two die, one injured in blood donation camp attack
Barasat: Two persons were shot dead
and another injured on Sunday when a group of gunmen stated to be
backed by CPI-M attacked a blood donation camp organised by
Congress and Trinamool Congress in North 24-Parganas district.
Bappa Chowdhury and Ranjit Roy died on the spot when
the camp at Habra was attacked this afternoon, Additional
Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathy said.
Chowdhury and Roy were local Congress and Trinamool
Congress leaders, police said.
Angry locals ransacked Habra Hospital where Bappa was
declared brought dead and they set fire to a truck in the
Congress and TC have called 24-hour Habra bandh
tomorrow in protest against the killings and breakdown of law
and order, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178