Two die, one injured in blood donation camp attack
Barasat: Two persons were shot dead
and another injured on Sunday when a group of gunmen stated to be
backed by CPI-M attacked a blood donation camp organised by
Congress and Trinamool Congress in North 24-Parganas district.
Bappa Chowdhury and Ranjit Roy died on the spot when
the camp at Habra was attacked this afternoon, Additional
Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathy said.
Chowdhury and Roy were local Congress and Trinamool
Congress leaders, police said.
Angry locals ransacked Habra Hospital where Bappa was
declared brought dead and they set fire to a truck in the
Congress and TC have called 24-hour Habra bandh
tomorrow in protest against the killings and breakdown of law
and order, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees